Curry Stuffed Mushrooms
This recipe uses Red Ape Cinnamon® Buddha Shake Curry Mix™
Author: Mama Nature’s Bar & Grill Recipe Book
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 2 cartons mushrooms (approx. 40)
- - white cap or baby belle
- 1 8 oz. package tempeh
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp Buddha Shake Curry Mix™
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Wash and de-stem the mushrooms. Finely chop the mushroom stems, onion, tempeh and garlic. In a saucepan, sauté the onions and garlic with 1 tablespoon of oil for 5 minutes on medium heat. Add the mushroom stems, curry mix and the tempeh and sauté for 2 more minutes. Transfer to a food processor or blender and puree for 20 seconds. Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Take the mushroom caps and place in a large bowl. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of sea salt. Mix well so that all the shrooms have a coating of oil on them.
- Using a spoon (or your fingers), place a dollup of the mixture in the mushroom cap and place on a cooking sheet. Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until lightly browned.