Hot Mulled Apple Cider
- 1/2 gal. apple cider
- 1/2 c. orange juice
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- 1 whole orange
- 3 Red Ape Cinnamon Sticks
- Combine cider, orange juice and lemon juice in a large saucepan.
- Place over medium-high heat and add brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon sticks.
- Use a vegetable peeler or paring knife to remove several thick strips of orange peel. Add them to the pot.
- Push the cloves into the orange where it has been peeled, and place the orange in the pot. (You can add the orange and cloves separately but the clove-studded orange looks great in the pot and keeps the cloves from ending up in the cups when served.)
- Heat until just before boiling then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot, with a touch of brandy or rum and a cinnamon stick in each cup if desired.