Chocolate Mousse Cous Cake
Author: Mama Nature’s Bar & Grill Recipe Book
Recipe type: Dessert
Cuisine: Decadent Dessert
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 ½ cups sucanat or unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp Red Ape Cinnamon®
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 10 oz. package chocolate chips
- 10 oz. firm tofu
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- In a saucepan, combine water, couscous, sucanat, cinnamon, and cocoa. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally and cook until liquid is absorbed and mixture is thickened (15 to 20 minutes). Add vanilla and stir. Spread mixture into a 9-inch spring form pan.
- In a separate saucepan, melt chocolate chips slowly over low heat, stirring constantly. Transfer to a blender, add tofu and maple syrup and blend until smooth. Pour mixture over the couscous mixture and chill for at least an hour.
- For a variation, you can spread toasted pecans on top of the couscous mixture before pouring the chocolate layer. You can also top the dessert with chocolate chips, strawberries, raspberries, or dried coconut.
- This is crazy delicious
Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
Author: Laurie Najim
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 2 kiwis, peeled & diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored & diced
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 TBS white sugar
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 3 TBS fruit preserves, any flavor
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 TBS Red Ape Cinnamon Sugar Shake®
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve with chilled fruit mixture.
Best Ever Blue Berry Muffins
Author: Red Ape Cinnamon
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 1½ teaspoons Red Ape Cinnamon®
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1½ cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together ½ cup sugar, ⅓ cup flour, ¼ cup butter, and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
- I have used less sugar in the batter as these are really sweet….ENJOY
Baked Apples with Cinnamon and Butter
- 4 apples (tart apples are very good for this)
- 4 tbsp grass-fed butter (or ghee)
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- Optionally, a bit of fresh nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Core the apples making sure not to go all the way through and to leave the bottom on the apples.
- Stuff 1 tbsp of butter inside each apple.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon and nutmeg
- Bake for about 12 to 18 minutes, until the apples are soft.
- Serve and enjoy!