Fruit Salsa and Cinnamon Chips
Author: Laurie Najim
Recipe type: Appetiser
- 2 kiwis, peeled & diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples – peeled, cored & diced
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- 2 TBS white sugar
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 3 TBS fruit preserves, any flavor
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 TBS Red Ape Cinnamon Sugar Shake®
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes.
- Serve with chilled fruit mixture.
Best Ever Blue Berry Muffins
Author: Red Ape Cinnamon
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- 1½ teaspoons Red Ape Cinnamon®
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1½ cups flour, ¾ cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together ½ cup sugar, ⅓ cup flour, ¼ cup butter, and 1½ teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
- I have used less sugar in the batter as these are really sweet….ENJOY
Pan Fried Apples with Cinnamon and Butter
- 4 apples (tart apples are good also)
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter (or ghee)
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Optionally, a bit of fresh nutmeg
- Cut the apples in about ¼" slices
- Put the butter in a hot pan and let it melt
- Once hot, add the apple slice making sure they don't overlap, make multiple batches if necessary.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, cover and let cook until soft.
- Serve and enjoy!