Cinnamon Spiced Pumpkin and Hazelnut Cookies Drizzled with Homemade Chocolate Sauce
- 2 cups hazelnut meal you could use any nut meal of your choice, almond works well also
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey maple syrup, or agave syrup
- 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Chocolate Topping:
- 3 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160° C or 320° F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the cinnamon, honey, and pumpkin until smooth. Add the hazelnut meal and baking soda, and continue to mix until well combined.
- Using your hands, form small balls and then place them on the baking tray. Press on each ball lightly to form a flat cookie shape.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Be sure to watch toward the end as the bottoms can burn easily.
- Remove from the oven, and leave to cool.
- Chocolate Sauce Instructions:
- Melt together the coconut oil and honey over very low heat.
- Add the cocoa and vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly. The sauce with thicken a little.
- Using a spoon, drizzle the sauce over the cookies.
- Place the cookies in the fridge to set for 10-20 minutes.