Grandma's Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 C scalded milk
- 1/4 C sugar dough + 3/4 C sugar (filling)
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3 C flour
- 1/3 C. melted butter dough + 1/2 C melted butter (filling) + 4 TBSP butter (glaze)
- 2 TBSP Red Ape Cinnamon®
- 1/2 C raisins
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/2 cup warm water and set aside. In a large bowl mix milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/3 cup butter, salt and egg. Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle. Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in well-greased bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- While dough is rising, prepare filling. Mix 1/2 cup melted butter, 2 tablespoons Red Ape cinnamon, 3/4 cup sugar and raisins.
- When dough is doubled in size, punch down dough and roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle. Spread filling evenly across entire surface. Beginning at the 15-inch side, roll up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 12 to 15 slices.
- Coat the bottom of baking pan with butter and sprinkle with sugar. Place cinnamon roll slices close together in the pan and let rise until dough is doubled, about 45 minutes. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for about 35 minutes or until nicely browned.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, mix 4 tablespoons melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Add hot water 1 tablespoon at a time until the glaze reaches desired consistency. Spread over slightly cooled rolls.