Grilled Peanut Butter Apple Sandwiches
- 1 Gala apple peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Spread one tablespoon of peanut butter onto one side of 8 slices of bread.
- Arrange apple slices on 4 slices of bread. Sprinkle the cinnamon/sugar mixture evenly over the apples. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread, peanut butter face down.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry sandwiches until browned, about 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Recipe Submitted By: J. Larson
- Recipe provided by <a href="http://www.Allrecipes.com">www.Allrecipes.com</a>