Moroccan Quinoa Salad
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 shallots diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups red quinoa
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 2 cups hot water lemon juiced
- 1 29 ounce can garbanzo beans,drained
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and shallots; cook and stir until the shallots have softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the cumin, ginger, and cinnamon. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Add the chicken broth and quinoa, and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low. Cover and cook until the quinoa is tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place raisins in a bowl and cover with hot water. Soak until the raisins soften and plump up, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and stir in the lemon juice. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Stir in the garbanzo beans, raisins, carrots, parsley, basil, and mint. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Recipe Submitted By: Sarah Agrella
- Recipe provided by <a href="http://www.Allrecipes.com">www.Allrecipes.com</a>